Thursday, August 14, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel

Sure have enjoyed watching some Olympics this week. The 4x200 relay in men's swimming was incredible, with Lezak (32 years old) swimming the last leg and breaking a world record for splits, and just out-touching the Frenchman who previously had held the world record and who was way ahead of him until the last few strokes. Especially since the French publicly had promised to smash the Americans! Enough to inspire anyone -

I'm beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Yesterday was three months post-Election. I still don't know what I'll be doing, for sure, but the thought of doing my own thing is taking shape better. I finished the week-long Family Court mediation training and really enjoyed it - mediating is one option which would be good for me and might produce some income. It's also encouraging to find out that a number of jobs are open or are becoming open - I've put in an application or two and have had some nice comments in return.

Summer is winding down - just a couple more weeks until my daughter starts her junior year of college and my son enters middle school. Yikes! Not sure I'm ready for either -

No comments: