Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Hmmm...I sure don't want this to be all about me - 'cause it's sure NOT - but let me just say this day has been a little bittersweet. A pleasant day, all in all. Very nice weather-wise, 70's and sunny, and I got to spend the day at home with our youngest. Very glad I got voting out of the way last Friday and did not need to go to the polls today.

I'm certainly very concerned about the national elections, esp. the Presidency, but on a more personal note several of my friends are in contested races around the State for Family Court, Circuit Court, and other offices. Having "been there," I'm "with them" in spirit in a way I could never have been in the same way before my own campaign experience. Since I'm still not permitted to state public support for any candidate for any position (judicial ethics) I can't identify them by name but - you know who you are! I'm with you and hoping the best!

For me, even though I still regret losing in May, the best obviously wasn't to continue full time on the bench. Still not 100% sure what I will be doing after 1/1 but another interesting option has just presented itself - we'll see. I know I can be a Senior Status judge and definitely will do that unless I find myself in a full-time position which won't permit me to do that temporary and occasional work as well. I'm very interested in continuing to work toward improvement of the judiciary and have at least two potential opportunities career-wise in that area -

Looking forward to watching the election results this evening and then to other things further into November - let's just say it's my favorite month -

No comments: