We had a Bar meeting last night and it was well attended - an enjoyable presentation by Jeff Strange about his military tour of duty in Iraq in 2003-04. He's the husband of Dr. Amy Wilson Strange, a psychologist who does a lot of work with people in my Court. They're a nice young couple - I remember how stressful it was for Amy when Jeff was deployed, especially because he's a reservist and had little notice, and most importantly because of their two small children. Jeff's a law student now.
We woke up to some snow yesterday and last evening, while we were in the meeting, it was snowing continuously. Travel was a bit treacherous on the way home and it's continued to snow today. The kids had only a two-hour delay from school and seemed to me like it should be a snow day but they didn't ask me! Even though it makes travel tough, I like snow - makes everything look clean -
It's official, I have competition. Cornelia Reep told me last night she formally has filed as a candidate for Family Court Judge in my division. We had a brief but friendly conversation and I told her I appreciated her telling me and I appreciated hearing it from her, which absolutely was sincere. I have confidence it will be a "clean" campaign and even though all this is highly stressful -- for all of us I'm sure -- we'll take one day at a time and do the best we can, and hope for a good outcome!

No comments:
Post a Comment