I've obviously slowed down some on this - only my 4th entry this month. A busy time, a lot happening.
Nothing new - or maybe I should say a lot new, but nothing firm - on the job front as of today. For obvious reasons, I don't want to be too disclosive here, just yet. This blog is disclosive enough as it is for now! Don't worry - when I know what I'm going to be doing, for sure, "you'll be the first to know."
Yesterday, when I was driving home from work, I noticed that the spot where one of my campaign billboards was is now featuring a "Jesus, I trust in You" billboard. And so I do! My wife said, "That's worthy of a blog entry." Hence, the title.
My first boss, Judge Robert Staker, a great man and a great mentor over the years, is quite ill. Diagnosed with a brain tumor recently with surgery immediately following. He had had two slight strokes in the past few weeks and now it's believed they were caused by the tumor. The Judge is 85 and I ask you to pray for him and his family.
I hope this won't sound odd...but it occurred to me just yesterday that Judge Staker and I have shared key transition times in our lives. I graduated from law school and entered the profession, and was blessed to be selected as one of his first three law clerks. He had just been elevated from the state bench to the federal bench. I won't forget that when I worked for him, and was going through a period of self-doubt professionally, he encouraged me and even went so far as to predict that I would be a judge someday. It's very humbling to think of all of this. And now, as I'm about to leave the bench, it's transition time for me again, and also for Judge Staker due to his serious health concerns. I hope to get to visit with him soon -
If I haven't said this somewhere in this blog, I'm surprised, because it's been a catch-phrase for my life. God always has been the Master of transition in my life. I can give example after example. And even when I've reached an "impossible" goal - like getting hired to be a United States District Court Law Clerk - it seems like I'm immediately focused on the next goal. Not that I don't enjoy where I am! But trying to look forward. It's harder to do that, when a new goal is thrust upon you - as it was when I lost the election. But I know that God still is the Master of transition in my life and I am looking forwad to the next step.

No comments:
Post a Comment