Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Boss's Day

Today is - or was supposed to be - Boss's Day at my office! It really was October 16 but we were swamped that day, and originally we had this whole week and next marked of for the Election - no need for these two weeks to be marked off now, unfortunately -

BUT! One of my staff members is not here today - she stood me up! Now what's that all about?!? :) No, she's ill, and was yesterday too. So hope she's on the mend. We'll do Boss's Day lunch another day.

It has occurred to me, though, that this is the last such event my staff and I will get to share. That's making me feel just a bit sad.

However - we always celebrate birthdays too, and mine is in three weeks. (Speaking of birthdays, today is my boy Cameron's #27. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUB, C2, Cam-o, or whatever I'm calling you these days!)

And...of course we'll have a special Christmas lunch or event. I really owe at lot to Judy and Kellee, not just for their faithful and hard work for me and with me over the years, but also for all they did for me in the election process. I haven't yet properly thanked them so I'm going to have to think of something particularly nice for our Christmas celebration.

I've been saying all along if I don't have something firm by Nov. 1, I'll start making plans to do my own thing. Well - Nov. 1 is this Sat. and while I do have an offer - I'm definitely not yet sure. Hmmmm....I'm wondering if the results of the Election will make a difference in my job prospects - it's occurred to me that there are certain outcomes which might do just that - we'll see if there's anything to that or not shortly, I suppose.

Tomorrow night is Trick or Treat, maybe my youngest's last one. A lot of transitions in my life - that's part of the plan for all of us, though. His first youth retreat is this weekend, at Camp Cowen and (of course) I'll be there.

Probably my last post for October so see you in November - "the best month."

No comments: