I'm in Nevada for a conference. Reno - "the biggest little city in the world." I've been here before. Part of this area is beautiful and part of it is - well - it's a little depressing to see slot machines all around. In the laundromats even!
The conference I'm attending is great, on judicial ethics.
I was awake for 22 hours+ when I arrived at my hotel in Reno but got reasonably caught up on my sleep before I had to be at the conference site.
Reno does have one amazing thing - a whitewater raft river park running right through the middle of town. The foothills around the city are quite beautiful, too. And, it's about 1-1/2 hours from Lake Tahoe, on the California/Nevada border, which is breathtaking.
By the way - make sure you pronounce it correctly! It's NOT Ne-VOD-a. It's Ne-VAH-da. The middle initial is pronounced like vat, not like VODka. I learned the hard way!
Oh...and I have a job offer. More on that later...'nuff said for now. We'll save the rest for an entry from home, or wherever I might find myself later on... :)

1 comment:
so, you moving to nevada?
Post a Comment