What was it I said last time...famous last words? HA! It's been more than two weeks and it has been, to say the least, a whirlwind of activity and other stuff -
Each weekend seems busier than the next. I've eaten spaghetti, baked steak, spaghetti, chicken, soup, spaghetti, hot dogs, roast beef, spaghetti, hoagies...and believe it or not, I'm not tired of spaghetti! Also, I've played bingo, been to four (I think) elimination dinners (so far!), attended bazaars and craft shows, put out some road signs, spoken to several community groups -- many of those during the week -- and it's not likely to slow down a great deal until the election which now is less than 60 days away.
Today, after a great church dinner in Shinnston and on my way to play some bingo, I was at the corner right beside our church waiting for the light to turn green. When it did, I went forward, only to be creamed into by a large red pick-up. No one was hurt and everyone remained calm and courteous, and the fellow acknowledged that he had run a red light. There also was at least one independent witness who verified that he was at fault. He hit my left front, in the area of my tire, but the wheel and tire seem unaffected - after the police came and went, I was able to drive home, although "I imagine" the front end is a bit out of alignment -
It just goes to show you, life goes on no matter what. This campaign truly can be, and sometimes is, all-consuming physically, emotionally, you name it. But in the middle of it all:
1. This happens with the Jeep;
2. Our faithful cat Ayla had to be put down on Friday; my youngest and I buried her in the back yard. It was his first experience with pet death, other than a goldfish which hardly is the same. Ayla was born during the massive snowstorm which blanketed the East Coast in March 1993. She got a routine injection at the vet's in Jan. 2007 and a cyst arose on her side which in Sep. 2007 was removed and found to be cancerous, but thought to be contained by healthy tissue. Well...no such luck. It came back with a vengeance, and about four weeks ago she lost the use of her left front leg. The vet told us it would spread and she would lose use of her other limbs, which happened. She was disabled, but didn't seem to be in pain. She would eat, though not much, and use the bathroom - she'd call to us and we knew she had to be taken to the litter box! She was good to the end and loved to curl up with us and purr. We'll miss her but putting her down was the right thing - she seemed uncomfortable and maybe even in pain as Friday progressed;
3. My wife has been sick, although thankfully not with the major flu that's hit all around. My secretary was sick for 1-1/2 weeks and my case coordinator for about a week. None of the rest of us in the family have gotten it and I think the epidemic has passed --;
4. My wife is getting ready to take her 28th trip to Haiti, April 2-11, which requires massive preparation;
5. We're making final decisions about spending lots of money on various campaign related materials - and we've already spent a bunch;
6. On and on and on and on -- you get the drill.
Not complaining! Just observing that time stands still for no one, no matter what's going on around us. I have to get our taxes done, too!
I must admit I'm very glad next weekend in Easter and there is nothing planned campaign-wise. We're leaving on Good Friday for Knoxville to spend the weekend with Christopher & Alice there - the whole family will be in Knoxville although in shifts a bit. My 3rd son's b'day is next Sat. and we'll celebrate there, hopefully at Senor Taco where we celebrated other birthdays last summer. More on that later maybe...
My campaign website is up! www.judgecrislip.com - check it out! We'll be changing it some as time goes on but glad it's finally up for voters to see -
'Til next time - will try to make it not as long -

No comments:
Post a Comment