Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patrick's Day

Thanks to my wife I remembered to wear green today - green shirt and green tie. The tie is a pattern of cartoon peas with one carrot, so orange, my official campaign color, got thrown in there too. Had a nice lunch today with a group and it included my former pastor and his wife - he is the man who baptized me at age 15 (Feb. 28, 1971) and the two of them led our Sunday evening youth group. Dear friends. She was "kind enough" to tell the entire group her affectionate nickname for me since I was a kid - "Drewster the Rooster." (Actually I'm the one who told it on myself -)

Busy day, busy evening. Just home from another meeting and believe it or not, I have to go out again tonight - and it's almost 9:30 p.m.! Ah well - got to come home to read with my youngest. We just finished "Changing Tides" which is a part of the "National Treasure" series. The latest, called "Midnight Ride," is coming out later this month and we already have it on pre-order. In the meantime, we'll probably read either "Johnny Tremain," one of my childhood favorites, or "Hind's Feet on High Places," an allegory based on the book of Habakkuk in the Old Testament (it's much more interesting than I've made it sound here).

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

No comments: