March 31 - in a way, so hard to believe so much time has passed so quickly, since I started this blog. Tomorrow, April 1, marks 6 weeks till the election. It also is my last day with my wife before she makes her 28th mission trip to Haiti - I'm proud of her and the work she does there. When we learned earlier in this year that we had competition in the election, she asked me if she should cancel her annual trip, and I encouraged her not to do so. The work there is too important. I haven't been to Haiti since late 1995/early 1996 but hope to go next year, with our youngest. It'll be his second trip technically - the first time he was in utero :)
This past weekend was tiring for more reasons that one. I didn't sleep too well either Friday or Saturday night - better Saturday than Friday, but both nights I was awake some thinking a thousand thoughts. Part of the time I was trying my best to figure out some things which were confusing to me and I've still been trying to figure them out. I don't consider myself a worrier but I guess I've been worrying.
Got together and prayed with some trusted friends, and my wife, last evening, and also got a very encouraging e-mail and phone message today. It's always great when God answers prayers "yes" and does so quickly - and that's what happened with regard to a huge point of concern that first arose over the weekend - I was able to resolve it in a way even better than I could have prayed for! So I'm very, very thankful for that.
The weekend was tough for other reasons - it was very busy and there were discouraging moments. But, I slept better last night and am tackling the day today as best I can. So much to do in the next six weeks!

No comments:
Post a Comment