April 1! Six weeks till election and thankfully, that's no April Fool's joke! While I've enjoyed many parts of this process it is tiring, to say the least! I think I have six more weeks in me though!
I feel much better rested today. A good night's sleep last night, after that huge weight was lifted from my shoulders yesterday, has helped a lot! Thanks to all of you who sent messages of encouragement and prayers to me, and of course thanks to the Lord for His provision and intervention.
My youngest is on a field trip to WVU today. He's been on more college campuses than the average 10 year old, since all four of his older sibs have gone to college in his lifetime - all of them to different schools! He's pretty familiar with WVU but was looking forward to his first "independent" trip there with friends. My wife was going to try to call our #2 son, who lives in M-town and works in campus ministry there, to see if he could drop by and have lunch with his little bro at the Mountainlair. The boys are close and I know they'd both love to have lunch together in that setting.
Had a nice lunch and met some new friends, including one who told me she'd been best friends with a cousin of mine who passed away a few years ago. It's amazing how many connections there are - it's such a small world. Speaking of cousins, I was at a church dinner not long ago and a gentlemen introduced himself to me as my cousin - I had no memory or even knowledge of him, but he told me his father's name and I recognized it as one of my great uncle's. Nice to get acquainted and to visit. Especially as time goes by I'm more and more interested in getting to know extended family - it's a shame we all live so close together and don't even know each other.
I am continuing to get questions about whether I'm related to the Crislips who live in this county, or that county - and my answer is always the same: "Not that I know of, but I'm sure I am, since my great-great grandfather had 14 boys!" Maybe someday I'll try to find and get a reunion together of all the Crislips in North Central W.Va. I'm learning that there are more and more of us!
TV commercials have started and I've gotten nice comments about them and about my billboards. One man said my billboard, which includes a picture of my family, looks like a volleyball team with a mascot! There are nine of us and our faithful dog Jack so I guess he's right!
Went to a very interesting forum on underage drinking prevention last night - town hall meeting format. I have a meeting tonight regarding my son's field trip to Philadelphia and other places April 30-May 2 which I'm chaperoning. After that, I have another meeting to go to. And then I hope to get to spend some time with my wife who's leaving at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow for her 28th trip to Haiti!

No comments:
Post a Comment