I'm thankful to God that it's THIS Friday because my wife comes home from Haiti tonight :) :) She left Haiti yesterday morning to travel by bus to the Dominican Republic, where the group is scheduled to fly out of to New York and then Pittsburgh - ETA about 5:30 p.m. there. I won't see her until later tonight but it should be before midnight! Looking forward to seeing her, of course, but also to hearing about her trip which I know has been blessed in a special way -
Busy, busy day yesterday. Office in the morning and then a three-hour appearance (a lot of fun visiting and eating with some folks), some one-on-one contacts, a community dinner and then a "Meet the Candidate" night in Doddridge County. It was very well attended and an excellent event - a lot of fun. Judy, who has worked for me for 13 years, and who lived in Doddridge for many years, went with me - it's always great when Judy goes with me to Doddridge because she knows so many people.
Today I have another lunchtime meeting and a couple of things I must do this evening, including at least one or two appearances. I also have to get some things ready for tomorrow - another pretty intense Saturday. There are 3 dinners I'm trying to hit tomorrow evening, and all of them are essentially at the same time! Then a couple of things on Sunday...maybe I'll get to see my wife Sunday evening! I know she'll be way too tired to go around with me tomorrow -- maybe Sunday after church, when there are a couple of dinners I want to try to get to --
My youngest is upstairs asleep - this weekend finishes up his Spring Break and I think he's had a good one. He's done a little campaigning with me but for the most part he's had freedom to play and visit with friends. He was at one friend's home yesterday from just after 8 am until I was able to pick him up at 9:30 last night and he had a great time. It's almost 9:00 and I'm letting him sleep a bit before I get him up - I'll be taking him to another friend's house today but should be able to pick him up maybe about 4:00 today -
Will close for now - have a great Friday and weekend, everyone -

No comments:
Post a Comment