Tuesday, April 8, 2008

In Court Forever

Well...not forever, but a long time! That was yesterday. Started domestic violence day at 8:30 a.m. sharp and finished - without a break - at 6:52 p.m. Did I mention that I had a meeting about 30 minutes away from the Court House at 7:00? The folks there were understanding about my being late - I had called - and somehow I was able to get there just after 7:20 without breaking the limit. After the meeting was over, I realized I hadn't eaten anything all day, so I stopped for a bite to eat, put out a couple of signs, and then finally got home around 9:30 p.m.!

Today was better, but also long and busy. There were two "unexpected" hearings today - somehow, they'd gotten left off our docket. One took almost an hour, but somehow, I was able to get the day's in-court work accomplished by 4:30 and this time, I had a chance to grab some lunch. Spaghetti! It was some that I'd taken out from a church dinner on Saturday in Anmoore and it was really delicious. I was home for about 1/2 hour after work, picked up my youngest, and off we went to two campaign appearances. One was a reception for another candidate which was well-attended and the other was a smaller but very lively meeting in one of the communities in Harrison County. As I was getting in the car, got a call on my cell from my wife in Haiti! It was good to hear her voice and she said they're having a phenomenal trip. She said yesterday especially seemed to be supernatural with God's presence in multiple ways which I'll be anxious to hear about when she gets home late Friday. Problem is: I have a crazy, crazy day on Saturday!! Ah well - I'll see her in five weeks -- after the election -- at least!

No comments: