It's Thursday. We started radio about a week ago and have gotten good feedback there. There has been something every night this week but what else is new? :) Had a very good meeting tonight, met some nice folks and made what seem to be a couple of good contacts.
On the way home, stopped by the grocery store and ran into some friends who'd had my sign in their yard, which was stolen. I'd given them a new one and -- it's been stolen. Discouraging but at this point...bigger fish to fry.
Early voting started yesterday. Three people told me they voted for me today. That's humbling that someone would use their vote for me. I know that's the whole idea of this campaign but I consider each of my votes precious and try to use them wisely - and it's something to be trusted by someone with their vote. Sorry if that sounds odd but it's a genuine feeling.
Saw my #2 son and his wife late this afternoon! He did one of my commercials for me and they are going to be in town sometime between now and the election, hopefully, to do some appearances with me.
The weather's been great this week. Earlier predictions of rain were wrong - or maybe the front has stalled a bit and we'll get it later on. Currently the forecast is for cooler temps, in the 50's by early next week.
I'm supposed to get my Jeep back from the body shop tomorrow and will have to give up my electric blue Ford Focus rental. It's been fun driving a little car - almost has the feel of a sports car, especially compared to the Jeep. But I'll be glad to have my Jeep back. It's been my "campaign headquarters" and will continue to be through the end of this race.
Got a very nice e-mail today from a woman in Georgia who has helped me with the campaign - a point of encouragement for sure.
Tomorrow I'm having lunch with some new friends but other than that will have to pour myself into office work tomorrow. I've kept us as well as I can and have done relatively well - the courts can't stop for the campaign process, that's for sure.
No less than four very important dinners this weekend, plus a couple other "must attend" events. Gotta go rest up for them!

No comments:
Post a Comment