The 2:30 wake-up call was not too bad - I kissed my wife "so long" and went back to sleep pretty quickly. Not surprising, maybe, since we'd stayed up past midnight. I don't know what time she left home to meet several others down at our church, just a couple miles away, for a 4:00 a.m. departure from there for the Pittsburgh Airport. She called me from Miami this afternoon, before she boarded a flight for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, where she's spending the night. And tomorrow, she'll be bused with the 31 others on her trip to Fort Liberte, Haiti, for her 28th trip there.
I'm proud of her and so glad she's able to make the trip again this year. Hopefully, I'll go next year - haven't been in a long time - she started as a high school student and has been returning to the same village, working with the same church and pastor, ever since. We were fortunate enough that he was in the USA when we were married and not only was a guest, he was one of the officiating pastors.
Seems like we're always leaving each other - I go to Camp each summer once or twice, and I have judicial conferences, and she has counseling conferences and of course Haiti, etc. But it's really not that often and when we are apart, it makes coming back together all the more enjoyable - we appreciate each other! I can say one thing for sure - being a single parent even for a week or 10 days is for the birds! :)
Had a very interesting meeting tonight - have been out each night this week and had 2 meetings last night. I also have two tomorrow night - but this weekend is somewhat light as of now. A lot on Saturday though including an oyster fry! Wish my Dad were here - he loved oysters.
Well...our youngest needs some Dad time and I'm ready for some too. We just started reading another book, a chapter each night at bedtime. Goodnight, everyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment