9:41 in the a.m. and I didn't expect to be blogging this early - especially since I have yet to vote!
Although I woke up a couple times during the night I went right back to sleep and was still snoozing deeply when my little bro called me about 7:25 this morning. Since then I've been moving slowly, talking to my wife, taking a shower and now finally grabbing a quick breakfast as I type this and get ready to go to the polls. We vote at an elementary school and could walk if we wanted to -- maybe we will. My wife, #3 son and I will go together here in a few minutes. Here we go!
My only other sibling, my sis, called me a few minutes ago to tell me she's praying for me, to wish me good luck, and to say she loves me. So I've heard from both of them now - I'm sure I'll get some other calls today, including from my lifelong best friend who's been a great encouragement throughout this process. He and his family live in North Carolina and he called me this past weekend to encourage me during the final thrust -
It's sunny out today and that's great since my wife is planning a cookout. Orange has been our main campaign color - signs, t-shirts, billboards, etc. - and so she is trying to do everything in orange with blue as a back-up (since blue was our second color). We've always had elaborate parties for birthdays and other occasions and she is the queen of decorating, themes, etc. I'm looking forward to everyone's being here - she's invited a lot of folks, most if not all of whom have worked hard on the campaign.
I'm calm. There's nothing more to be done now, and of course the control is in the hands of the voters. But as I've said before and sincerely believe, the ultimate control is with God and I'm trusting Him for His outcome - whatever that may be.
Don't know exactly what the day will bring -- except lots of lawn and other work to get ready for the party tonight. I'm not expecting to be pampered today! I have to work like everyone else and really, I wouldn't have it any other way.
God bless you all today and if you are a registered Democrat or Independent/No Party in Harrison or Doddridge County, West Virginia, and you haven't early-voted, please go out and vote to re-elect me, Judge Drew Crislip, for Family Court Judge, Division I! Thanks!

No comments:
Post a Comment