Monday, May 12, 2008

Last Thursday

I forgot ... in my post last Wednesday, I promised to explain why I didn't have a meeting Thursday night. How could that be, in this world of endless campaign appearances?!?

Last Thursday, May 8, was my dear wife's birthday and she and I had a date that evening! We went to dinner at Olive Garden in Morgantown - it was important that I not be anywhere local, where people would approach me to talk election. I wondered if Morgantown would be far enough away, but it was. I didn't see one person I knew! We had a great time, a nice getaway for us. We'd won a $50 gift certificate to Olive Garden at our annual Valentine's Day at the home of our good friends, the Rohrboughs. That's become a nice tradition these past few years. Since we won this year - finally - we get to do the questions for next year's Newlywed Game which always is a feature of this party. Over dinner, we started coming up with a few already!

So even though this past week has been a lot of work - including major hearing days Monday and Wednesday - it's nice that Thursday was my wife's birthday so we could get away together alone that evening, and that Sunday was Mother's Day. I'm not superstitious but if good things come in threes as some say - the next celebration will be the election!

What I'm looking for -- truly -- is God's will. He will put me where He wants me. It's my job to be open, willing and available, whether that's in continuing as Family Court Judge or in another role. We'll know at least part of the answer to the puzzle soon...hallelujah! At least some certainty in what has been a very uncertain few months!

One last thought - this election process has reminded me of Christmas. There's no end to good ideas to try; things are hectic; there are a million things to do; and no matter what, the event will arrive and be over before we know it. Priorities shift and get re-shifted when there's a definite deadline. Just like getting ready for Christmas - which always comes whether we're "ready" or not - this election cycle essentially is over but for sure and finally will be over after tomorrow's vote. And you will know the outcome at the same time I do! I'm just glad I know the One Who not only already knows the outcome - He's ordained it. It's so good to know He loves me and has a plan - and that He'll share it with me when the time is right.

OK, really am going to close for the evening this time. G'night!

No comments: